MATH LAB KIT
For Classes 3 to 8
A program to strengthen mathematical understanding and competence.
Creative Math Lab is an interactive kit under our STEM category that strengthens Mathematical understanding and competence among children of classes 3rd to 8th of all National Curriculums. It is a much needed system that helps in making the tough fundamental concepts of mathematics easy to understand so that a strong foundation can be formed.
One kit contains:
- Over 50 manipulative components and 180 activities.
- Topic wise activity cards with step by step instructions.
- Practice sheets
- Different kinds of material on every topic.
- Easily adaptable open-ended activities for every level of learning.
Activities are printed on wipe-clean cards to ensure repeated use.
To reinforce the learnt concepts, sufficient number of practice sheets are included.
Each set of material could be worked on by 2/4 students at a time.
Depending upon the number of students working on a topic at a time, more sets may be required.
Activity and practice cards can be photocopied.
There are 3 types of activities:
The activities can be chosen by the teacher according to the complexity and the ability level of students.
Most of the concepts/activities have been explained with the help of certain material. The same material can be used for different concepts and at different levels of complexity depending upon the creativity of the teacher. For example, the base ten material used for place value can be used for decimal fractions, percentages, area, perimeter, volume, multiplication of binomial expressions, factorisation of quadratic expressions in algebra and for many other concepts.
Most activities can be done in the classroom itself, while some of them need a special room.
Let us talk, plan, create and test the concepts of Mathematics!
Click on the topics given below for details:
To place an order click here
- To recognise and appreciate algebra as a form of generalisation of arithmetic.
- Solving simple algebraic equations.
- Multiplication of binomials with monomials.
- Factorisation and Quadratic functions.
- Verification of algebraic formulae.
- To study the mathematical operations in integers.
- To find factors.
- To find HCF/LCM
- Prime Numbers
- To find averages
- To define Prime Numbers
- Understanding Fractions
- Comparing Fractions
- Equivalent Fractions
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division in Fractions
- Introduction of Percentages and Decimals.
- Observing and understanding different shapes with attribute blocks.
- 3-D shapes.
- Making designs with bisecting lines and angles.
- Congruent triangle theorems
- Circle theorems
- Making shapes with Tangram pieces.
- Constructing shapes with construction set.
- Measuring Distances
- Concept of Area and Perimeter
- Area of irregular shapes
- Volume of different shapes
- Comparison and Estimation of Masses
- Time measurement
- Volume and Surface Area
- Place Value
- Expanded Notation
- Number Names